Task Tree is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or the associated mobile apps, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Task Tree may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
References to 'data', 'data controller' and 'personal data' shall have the meaning given to them in Data Protection Act 2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information you provide by completing forms on our site
- Details of your visits to our website including IP address, email address, browser type and version, location, source of referral, length of visit, pages you view, search queries you make and general use of our website
- Emails and other information you send to us
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website or the associated mobile apps according to your interests.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Security and storage of your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All data is stored on a secure, encrypted UK based server. Your licence requires acceptance of our arrangements for data storage and security. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated securely and in agreement with this policy.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website or the associated mobile apps in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website or the associated mobile apps, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or the associated mobile apps.
Links to other websites
Our website or the associated mobile apps may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or the associated mobile apps. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website or the associated mobile apps in question.
You have individual rights under the GDPR. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using our contact details at the end of this notice or by any other means. Your rights are listed and explained below. You have the right to:
- be informed of what we do with your data;
- ask us to share what information we hold about you;
- update your data if you think it’s incorrect or insufficient;
- have your personal data deleted (right to be forgotten);
- ask us to stop processing your data – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this notice;
- have the personal data you have given us transferred to another company;
- object to us processing your personal data where we do so under legitimate interests;
- ask us to explain and to ask us to stop using automated decision making (a decision made by automated means without any human involvement) and profiling (where we classify you into different groups or sectors, using algorithms and machine-learning to identify links between different behaviours and characteristics to create profiles for individuals).
It is our policy only to keep records of your personal data for as long as required as determined by our legitimate interests or under the legal obligations of delivering a service to you, or as required by relevant authorities or other legislation, whichever requirement is longer, after which it will be deleted or destroyed.
If your details are associated with financial transactions, we may, for regulatory reasons or to settle a dispute, keep your data for a minimum six years after the end of the engagement with us or for up to ten years for reasons of legitimate interests.
If you have registered with us to use our services, we will delete any information provided whilst using the services, no later than 3 years after your last use of the services. We will keep contact information, for a minimum of six years after registration.
If you have contacted us via our website or sent us an email and we do not engage any further with you, we will destroy your data after two years or sooner.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by emailing email@example.com, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Task Tree © 2017